- Reading out the positions of the front and rear edges of the workpiece
- Assignment of machining program to workpiece
- Tracking of all workpieces (up to 60 simultaneously) through the machine
- Calculation of the offset for all the switching functions (static and dynamic component)
- Output of the switching positions:
- to the outputs of the function module FM cam or
- as status information in a SIMATIC S7 data block
All functions for the straight-cut controls are programmed in STEP 7. They support the interfaces to the FM 352 and FM 452 (cam controller) function modules. This means that simple as well as especially fast switching functions can be executed extremely accurately.
Linear path controls are used where workpieces on a conveyor belt pass several tools and are machined by these tools. It is a requirement that no slip occurs during transport through the machine. Feed rates of up to 120 m/min and switching accuracies less than 0.2 mm can be achieved with our linear path control solutions. With the modular linear path control concepts, just about any pass machining task can be implemented with the necessary basic functions. Our application experience here saves you valuable programming and test overhead.