For 4CJ toroidal-type variable-ratio transformers and 4CQ pillar-type variable voltage transformers, the transformation ratio for the moving contacts on the contact bars of the coils can be changed steplessly without rotating the phase position - even under load.
- Autotransformer circuit
- Rated current constant in the entire control range
- Overload capacity (see characteristic)
- Input voltage is not affected (no harmonics)
- Normal operation: Constant movement of moving contact, output increase 20 % compared with "Heavy duty".
- Heavy duty: No movement of moving contact over long periods (24 h), frequent switching on and disconnection under load conditions, operation with phase control (ratio of effective value to rectified value > 1.15)
- Toroidal-type variable-ratio transformers: Adjustment angle approx. 340°
- Pillar-type variable-voltage transformers: Points of contact hard silver-plated
- Accessories: Motorized operating mechanism, see "Selection and ordering data".
Stop break and reversing contactor are available on request.
The 4CJ and 4CQ variable-ratio transformers are climate-proof for mounting in rooms with an internal climate to DIN 50010.
- Ambient temperature
- For rated power + 40 °C,
- Lowest permitted temperature – 25 °C.
- Relative air humidity
- At 40 °C up to 85 %,
- Annual average up to 65 %,
- Condensation not permitted.